|Weekly News Digest
January 31, 2013 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Introduces Enhanced Lexis Advance
LexisNexis Legal & Professional announced the continued expansion of its comprehensive portfolio of interconnected research and productivity solutions, providing lawyers with essential information, workflow, and analytical tools for all aspects of their legal work. Combining information with cutting-edge technology, visualization tools, and sophisticated analysis and productivity capabilities, the end-to-end LexisNexis legal solutions portfolio supports legal professionals at every step of their work process, fueling productivity, confidence, and better outcomes.
The addition of litigation and transactional products to Lexis Advance, alongside a complete, customizable research experience, delivers end-to-end legal support. Lexis Advance users already have integrated access to LexisNexis Verdict & Settlement Analyzer. Now, three more tools join it to offer a suite of litigation tools:
- LexisNexis MedMal Navigator provides medical litigators with an express advantage: Leveraging industry-first, interactive Q&A technology, the new tool guides users through the medical and legal information relevant to their case, helping them assess the value of a case and formulate the appropriate on-point strategy quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. The MedMal Navigator tool integrates up-to-date medical and legal content, so attorneys can understand the medicine and current standard of care, identify medical experts, and analyze relevant case law.
- LexisNexis Litigation Profile Suite is newly integrated and provides a comprehensive portrait and vital facts of key players influential to a case, including expert witnesses, judges or opposing counsel. A dynamic, graphical snapshot delivers insights derived from more than 320,000 experts, 100,000-plus full-text transcripts, and more than 40,000 expert witness curricula vitae and resumes.
- CaseMap document delivery now allows users to save documents directly to LexisNexis CaseMap, enabling litigators to quickly import and manage case facts, issues, and research for faster and more informed decision making.
In 2013, Lexis for Microsoft Office will also integrate with Lexis Advance, offering users seamless access to deep legal research content and innovative tools without ever having to leave the Microsoft Word and Outlook applications lawyers use day-to-day, delivering even greater work efficiency and productivity.
Alongside these new products and integrations, Lexis Advance continues to enhance legal research usability and efficiency with new and enhanced capabilities. Launches this month include the following:
- A Richer Shepard’s Experience
- Additional Alerts
- Enhanced Work Folders
- More Topic Summaries
- Mobile Advancements
- New Account Management Tool My Lexis
Source: LexisNexis Legal & Professional
Paula J. Hane
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks editor