|Weekly News Digest
July 31, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Lawyers.com Adds Do-It-Yourself Legal Docs
LexisNexis (www.lexisnexis.com) announced that Lawyers.com, the online resource for consumers and small business professionals to find an attorney and legal information, has added access to a legal document service that combines do-it-yourself legal forms with online legal document review by real lawyers. The additions come as part of a larger transformation of Lawyers.com by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell that includes implementation of a variety of new interactive features. One of the key new capabilities is the Legal Document Services provided by RocketLawyer.com. This set of services enables users of Lawyers.com to save time by creating legal documents themselves.
More than just a legal forms site, RocketLawyer.com makes it easy to complete many personal and business legal matters at Lawyers.com. For example, individuals can use the service to set up a last will and testament, create a living will, produce a bill of sale, designate power of attorney, and more. Businesses can use the service to manage processes, such as setting up nondisclosure forms, creating service contracts and employee agreements, producing real estate leases, creating licensing agreements, and more.
In addition to new capabilities from RocketLawyer.com, Lawyers.com has expanded its database of practice area articles and information for consumers and small business professionals to include the following:
- Life events—Helpful information on legal issues that arise in most peoples’ lives, such as divorce, starting a business, creating a will and more
- Community and interactive features—Interact with lawyers through community message boards, "Ask A Lawyer," scheduled online sessions to discuss specific legal issues, and more
- Videos—Clips from experts on common legal issues
- Blogs—Attorney insights on current key legal issues and trends
- On the Docket—Read questions other consumers and small businesses are asking and benefit from the answers
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor