|Weekly News Digest
October 27, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LISjobs.com Launches New Website
Visitors to LISjobs.com (www.lisjobs.com) will notice a new look and feel—the newly redesigned site that launched Oct. 24. Webmaster Rachel Singer Gordon says the redesign brings LISjobs in line with current web standards and adds new content and features. Note that old links will be broken; please update your links and bookmarks.
Highlights of the redesign include the following:
- Better integration of the LISjobs.com forum (www.lisjobs.com/forum) and other interactive site features
- Job ads that, as always, are free to both job seekers and employers
- New content on education and career development, including information on MLIS scholarships as well as on funding conference attendance and other CE opportunities
- A more standards-compliant and accessible design
- A new logo designed by Wendy Koff, librarian and web designer
- Updated links to outside resources; all links were checked manually in October 2008
- Improved organization—Easier-to-find information for both job seekers and employers
- Opportunities for sponsorship—Easier-to-reach audience of librarians and info pros for relevant organizations
Since 1996, LISjobs has provided career information for librarians and information professionals. The site is entirely maintained by Rachel Singer Gordon; the job postings database is jointly maintained with Sarah Johnson of Library Job Postings on the Internet (http://libraryjobpostings.org). The LISjobs relaunch is designed to target all stages of an information professional’s career.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor