|Weekly News Digest
May 29, 2018 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Kudos Unveils Results of New Shareable PDF Service
Kudos published the results of the first 6 months of its new Shareable PDF (S-PDF) service, which gives researchers the ability to add context to their work (in the form of bibliographic information, plain-language summaries, etc.) to improve discoverability and publishers the ability to track how effectively various platforms drive views and usage of authors’ works. According to the blog post, Kudos found the following:
- 15 publishers have signed up to switch on the new S-PDF feature and enable their authors to use Kudos for managing their PDF-based sharing.
- The most recent publishers to sign up are Wiley, the American Meteorological Society, IWA Publishing, the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Trans Tech Publications, and Tsinghua University Press.
- S-PDF has immediately become the most popular mechanism for sharing via Kudos, with 61% of authors choosing to use S-PDF to share their work, when offered it by their publisher
- S-PDF has substantially increased the number of authors sharing (via any channel), with more than twice as many authors now sharing their work for those publishers participating in S-PDF.
- The number of publications being shared (via any channel) has also more than doubled since the option was made live.
For more information, read the blog post.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor