|Weekly News Digest
May 2, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Knovel Offers Free Access to Nine Reference Works
Knovel Corp. announced a new program called K-Essentials that offers businesses, academic institutions, and government agencies unlimited access, free of charge, to nine science and technical reference works on Knovel's research platform. Knovel offers a virtual library of important industry reference works and handbooks for those in need of technical research. Using a Web-based platform enhanced with embedded software, Knovel makes the references work as productivity tools, enabling researchers to create, manipulate, and customize research reports. Free subscription requests must be made through a librarian, information specialist, or departmental manager. Apply at http://www.info.knovel.com/essentials.
The nine interactive engineering and science reference titles that are part of the K-Essentials program include:
1. Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS)
2. Military Handbook - MIL-HDBK-5H: Metallic Materials and Elements for Aerospace Vehicle Structures
3. Engineering Problem Solving:- A Classical Perspective
4. International Critical Tables of Numerical Data, Physics, Chemistry and Technology
5. Knovel Critical Tables: Lite
6. Essential Practices for Managing Chemical Reactivity Hazards
7. Smithsonian Physical Tables (9th Revised Edition)
8. Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables
9. Dialogues Concerning Two New Sciences
Source: Knovel Corp.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor