|Weekly News Digest
August 28, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Interwoven and LexisNexis Introduce Integrated Solution
Interwoven, Inc. (www.interwoven.com), provider of content management solutions, announced it has entered into an agreement with LexisNexis (www.lexisnexis.com), the global business information solutions provider, to integrate and launch Lexis Search Advantage, a new search enrichment offering, with Interwoven Universal Search. It is designed to provide law firm attorneys a single destination to efficiently find and leverage internal work product and content from LexisNexis. (Interwoven Universal Search—Professional Services Edition is powered by Vivísimo Velocity.)
The agreement supports a growing demand in the legal industry for technology providers to combine expertise to offer more integrated and powerful solutions to help attorneys streamline workflow and productivity. The benefits of the integrated solution to law firms include the following:
- Streamlined workflow is more intuitive and efficient, driving higher levels of client service and improved profitability.
- Richer contextual search capability is available with simultaneous searching of all internal documents and LexisNexis services at www.lexis.com. LexisNexis research solutions are used daily by lawyers and relied on as an authoritative, comprehensive collection of legal, news and business, and risk and analytics content.
- Integration of real time Shepard’s Signal indicators in internal documents instantly allow attorneys to confirm if a case law citation is strong, accurate, and on point. This eliminates several manual steps that lawyers must take to examine current legal validity of a citation.
- Powerful enterprise search technology and Web 2.0-based user experience and navigation drives a tailored and comprehensive search experience.
- Documents within a firm’s content repositories are enriched with additional metadata to enable enhanced identification and improved access to relevant external documents.
Lexis Search Advantage is available immediately in the U.S. market by LexisNexis. A company spokesperson says that the solution is "agnostic" and will integrate with other search engines.
"Interwoven is the first search engine LexisNexis is integrating with, and by summer 2009 our objective is to integrate with additional search engines."
Sources: Interwoven, Inc. and LexisNexis
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor