|Weekly News Digest
March 18, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Inmagic Presto Strengthens Social Knowledge Network Capabilities
Inmagic, Inc. (www.inmagic.com) has launched the latest release of Inmagic Presto, an application that enables nontechnical business users to create and manage Social Knowledge Networks (SKN). The company says that Presto 3.3 incorporates significant enhancements to productivity, usability, and security and deepens integration with Microsoft SharePoint, giving users bidirectional query and access capabilities.
Social Knowledge Networks span enterprise silos to merge relevant content, search, and community to address high-value business processes or topics. Subject experts and the wisdom of the community surface valuable content via blogs, comments, and discussions. Because staff spends less time hunting for corporate knowledge, projects are completed faster, risks are lowered, and innovation can thrive.
Enhanced Presto 3.3 capabilities include the following:
- Improved SharePoint compatibility: Search SharePoint content from Presto (and vice versa) for broader information access.
- Faster time-to-value: New methodology significantly improves deployment and performance.
- Improved user experience: RSS feed enhancements include a customizable display with descriptions, images, and metadata details.
- Simpler federated search management: Users can easily create federated search adapters to access external content such as subscriptions, journals, and external research information.
- Robust security: Reduces risk through better security and management of the SKN.
- Enhanced community and profiles: "People" are a searchable content type. Additional profile customization and personalization capabilities make finding subject matter experts easy.
- More efficient management and administration: Homepage cloning enhances the process of adding users and managing a SKN.
Source: Inmagic, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor