|Weekly News Digest
May 12, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Inmagic Presto 3.7 Streamlines Information Access
Inmagic, Inc. released the latest version of Inmagic Presto, a technology built to support Social Knowledge Network applications. New functionality in Presto v3.7 streamlines connections to third-party repositories so information can be easily indexed and searched from Presto. In addition, Presto now lets users sort browse collections—recently one of the most requested features by customers. Presto 3.7 also features improved user views and configuration for more intuitive search and organization of information, and offers out-of-the-box templates for faster deployment.
Presto 3.7 is quick to deploy, and features an easy-to-use, flexible user interface for gaining immediate access to information. The latest Presto enhancements include the following:
- Connector Framework. Presto now provides a plug-and-play infrastructure to connect to third-party repositories. For example, sponsor information might reside in SharePoint. Presto can connect to SharePoint and index the information, so users can search it in Presto while it remains managed by SharePoint.
- Network Drive Connector. An out-of-the-box connector enables Presto to retrieve and index files stored on a network drive. The connector pipeline enables automated metadata extraction from hundreds of file formats, including audio (AIFF, AIF, AIFC), video (AVI, DV, Quicktime, Flash video, WMV), image (BMP, TIFF, GIF, JPG, MPEG), graphic (InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Postscript, and HTML.
- Sort Browse Collections. Users can now browse collection nodes and sort within a node by rating, date created, title, and more. The action menu bar includes an Add To category to support copying items to another collection. The new page layout features a wider record pane, and the Filter & Add Records function is now on the action menu bar.
- Pre-built Content Types. Pre-built Content Types, complete with screens and views, now ship with Presto. They include Document, Image, Photograph, Audio, Video, Multimedia, URL, FAQ, and News. These help to speed new deployments and make it easier to modify an existing Presto application because it streamlines the information integration process.
- Section 508 compliance. Presto 3.7 contains several enhancements that support compliance with the Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This amendment requires federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities, and defines requirements for accessibility.
- Quick Search. The Quick Search box is persistent on the menu bar, so there’s no need to add Search Web Part to the Home Page. Advanced search is available through the Menu.
Customers on maintenance automatically receive these updates as part of their annual maintenance contract, and thus can take advantage of these enhanced features and functionalities at no additional cost.
Source: Inmagic, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor