|Weekly News Digest
May 21, 2007 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Informa to Acquire Datamonitor
The boards of Informa, PLC (www.informa.com) and Datamonitor, PLC (www.datamonitor.com) have agreed to a recommended offer to acquire Datamonitor for about £502 million (about $994 million), a multiple of 7.3 times 2006 revenues of £70.4 million. Datamonitor is a global provider of market intelligence through online data, analysis, and forecasting platforms. Through its research-based proprietary databases and expertise, Datamonitor provides clients with objective data, analysis, and in-depth forecasts for six industry sectors: Automotive, Consumer (including Retail), Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Technology/Telecoms. Informa, PLC is a global information provider for the academic, professional, and commercial markets.
Informa said that acquiring Datamonitor is consistent with Informa’s strategy of providing high-value, specialist content through a variety of delivery formats to identified communities of business interest globally. The companies see the following advantages to the deal:
Source: Informa, PLC
- Highly complementary business models
- Scalable technology platforms
- Significant cross-over revenue opportunities with Informa through sales, marketing, and product-development synergies
- Further resilience and visibility in Informa’s revenue mix across each of its three divisions, through Datamonitor’s high-renewing subscription models
- Enhanced growth prospects and margins for Informa
- Expected annualized cost savings of £3 million
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor