|Weekly News Digest
November 13, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ISYS Upgrades Search Solution, Appoints New CEO
ISYS Search Software (www.isys-search.com) announced the arrival of ISYS:web 9, the company’s next-generation enterprise search solution for intranets, websites, Microsoft SharePoint, and custom web applications. The company also appointed Scott Coles as its new CEO. Coles joins ISYS with a background in the commercialization of innovation for multinational corporations, holding senior executive roles with companies such as EDS, Lucent Technologies, and Avaya. ISYS founder Ian Davies remains as chairman of the board.
ISYS:web 9 offers customers several major enhancements, all designed to deliver the speed, efficiency, and accuracy required to find information fast. More importantly, ISYS has expanded its content mining capabilities using predictive and reliable methods that help customers better understand their content. Through its Intelligent Content Analysis, ISYS notes key characteristics about a content collection, such as metadata patterns and entities, and leverages these facets in the interface to provide a more fluid search and discovery process.
ISYS’ Intelligent Content Analysis manifests itself in the form of several parametric search and refinement options. At index time, ISYS notes aspects such as entities in the full text (e.g., names, locations); commonly recurring metadata values in semistructured and database formats; location of files; dates and numbers; and position of words. These characteristics are then exploited, either as a front-end interface for parametric search or as refinement options within search results. ISYS:web 9’s capabilities also include the following:
- Intelligent query expansion
- ContextCogs—Snippets of relevant and contextual information pulled from third-party sources and displayed alongside standard ISYS results
- Intelligence Clouds to enable rapid navigation of key information
- Improved performance and scalability
- Search form customization—Provides automatic and designable search forms
- Index Biasing—Gives administrators the ability to adjust the weighting on entire collections of documents
- ISYS:web Federator—Allows customers to federate their searches across both ISYS and non-ISYS content sources
- Exchange Indexing—ISYS:web enables administrators to centrally create and manage individual indexes for each user’s email account
ISYS has sustained significant momentum in recent weeks thanks to several key wins and announcements. In addition to recently appointing Coles as its new CEO, ISYS has also secured three major competitive customer wins within the last 30 days and launched a new website to support its new direction and focus.
Source: ISYS Search Software
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor