|Weekly News Digest
May 3, 2018 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
IMLS Honors National Medal for Museum and Library Service Recipients
The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) announced the 10 winners of the 2018 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, which honors “institutions that provide dynamic programming and services that exceed expected levels of service. Through their community outreach, these institutions bring about change that touches the lives of individuals and helps communities thrive,” according to the press release. The winners are:
- Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus (Denver)
- The Detroit Historical Society (Detroit)
- El Paso Museum of Art (El Paso, Texas)
- Georgetown Public Library (Georgetown, Texas)
- History Museum at the Castle (Appleton, Wis.)
- Orange County Library System (Orlando, Fla.)
- Pueblo City-County Library District (Pueblo, Colo.)
- Reading Public Library (Reading, Pa.)
- Rochester Public Library (Rochester, Minn.)
- University of Oregon’s Museum of Natural and Cultural History (Eugene, Ore.)
They will receive their awards on May 24 during an event at the U.S. Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor