|Weekly News Digest
March 4, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
IEEE-Wiley eBooks Collection Added to IEEE Xplore Digital Library
IEEE (www.ieee.org), the world's largest technical professional association, announced that the IEEE-Wiley eBooks collection is now available online as part of the IEEE Xplore digital library. IEEE and John Wiley & Sons, Inc. have partnered to offer IEEE customers online access to the more than 400 ebooks that comprise the IEEE-Wiley eBooks collection, which spans numerous content areas including bioengineering, power and energy, and communication technologies, among other growing areas of research. The new IEEE-Wiley eBooks Library is available as an add-on to existing IEEE Xplore subscriptions or as a stand-alone subscription.
The collection of titles includes practical handbooks, introductory and advanced texts, reference works, and professional books with an emphasis on leading areas of research. Features and benefits include the following:
- One-stop, 24/7 access to more than 400 titles, with approximately 40 new titles to be introduced each year
- Various subscription options, including an annual subscription or perpetual access option
- More than 7,800 individual chapters available as PDF files
- Advanced search capabilities by subject or keyword to quickly find and download relevant chapters within larger ebooks
- Ebook homepages include a content overview, bibliographic information, book abstracts, cover scan, and a table of contents with links to chapter PDFs
- Cutting-edge titles on emerging technologies authored by leaders in the field
- Backlists to 1974 with 70% of titles published since 2000
For more information or to sign up for a free trial of the IEEE-Wiley eBooks collection, visit www.ieee.org/go/ebooks.
The news follows a major upgrade to IEEE Xplore digital library. For details, see the NewsBreak at http://newsbreaks.infotoday.com/NewsBreaks/IEEE-Upgrades-Its-emXplore-em-Digital-Library-61121.asp.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor