|Weekly News Digest
June 1, 2009 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
HighWire Press Boosts Content for Books Program
HighWire Press reports that it is seeing a big boost in its books program this year. The company launched more than 30 new titles so far in 2009, and hundreds more are scheduled to follow between now and early 2010. HighWire Press specializes in developing and hosting websites for books, reference works, databases, continuing education, conference proceedings, and more.
The following book and reference work sites have recently rounded out the product line:
- Oxford Medical Handbooks, from the Oxford University Press
- Handbook of Practice Management, from The Royal Society of Medicine Press
- CSH Symposia on Quantitative Biology, from the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
- The Lyell Collection, Special Publications, from the Geological Society of London
- The Carlyle Letters Online, from the Duke University Press
HighWire's offerings now feature more than 100 sites for books, reference works, and other nonjournal content. The company also hosts the definitive editions of more than 1,200 full-text journals in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and humanities, as well as cross-content products for niche markets that integrate content from many sources.
Source: HighWire Press (http://highwire.stanford.edu)
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor