|Weekly News Digest
August 4, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Gale Enhances PowerSearch Platform
Gale, part of Cengage Learning, announced enhancements to Gale PowerSearch, its specially designed platform that offers cross searching of periodical content, reference content, primary source information, and ebooks from a single interface. Based on user feedback, Gale has added many new features, including search assist, enhanced results lists, language customizability, expanded content, and enhanced subject and publication search options. These features allow for a faster, easier way to search millions of entries and multiple online resources with just one query.
Gale PowerSearch provides libraries, universities, schools, and businesses with a sophisticated yet simple solution for managing a wealth of periodical, reference, multimedia and primary source information. Researchers can access almost all of the Gale content in their library's collection through one, single search query. The interface provides users with a Web-like experience and includes features that appeal to and empower library researchers.
These new enhancements include the following:
- Search Assist: InfoTrac products now have an intuitive auto-complete feature allowing users to find the exact subject, keyword, or publication they are looking for from a single search box, saving time and providing search functionality similar to what they experience with other Web products. Trending top searches and top content viewed by resource are also featured on the homepage
- Related Subjects: By default, results lists display all relevant, related subjects and articles to help users find the information they seek faster and more efficiently
- Enhanced Publication and Subject Search: Additional features and limiters have been added to the publication and subject search pages along with search assist “Did You Mean?” functionality
- Language Customizability: The user interface now supports three additional languages: Chinese, Japanese and Korean, and translation of all foreign language documents to English
- New Titles: New content is added to InfoTrac products daily. In the last year, more than 1,500 new titles were added, including more than 1.6 million articles
Gale PowerSearch will continue to support existing features such as Read-Speaker audio technology, eBook cross-search, sharing tools, language translation and more. Academic OneFile, General OneFile, InfoTrac and PowerSearch enhancements are now available for new and existing customers.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor