|Weekly News Digest
July 1, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Gale Announces Next Generation of Online Resources
Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, announced In Context, a new portfolio of online products that evolved from and will replace select Gale Resource Center databases. When the product is released in the fall, existing Resource Center subscribers will receive these new products as an upgrade at no additional cost. For more information, a product preview, or to request a trial, visit www.gale.com/newrcs.
Designed as an online learning environment, the resources will deliver accurate, authoritative content that builds collaboration from the library to the classroom. Covering science, biography, history, social issues, and more, this new way of delivering content-in context, through comprehensive weblike portal pages-supports the development of critical thinking and information literacy skills while providing the intuitive experience today's users have come to expect from online research.
The new In Context products will offer the following:
- User tools such as topic overviews, quick-fact boxes, and expert-selected content highlights
- Search assist and "Did you mean?" functionality consistent with searching on the open web
- Dynamic images, audio, video, maps, and interactive components
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology and on-demand language translation
- More than 1,800 cross-searchable portal pages
- Web 2.0 share tools including links to social networking sites
- Customization options for specific user and reading levels
Source: Gale, a part of Cengage Learning
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor