|Weekly News Digest
December 7, 2009 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Gale Announces New Digital Archives Unbound
Gale, a part of Cengage Learning (www.gale.cengage.com), announced the release of Archives Unbound, a new electronic resource that combines the best of legacy microfilms from Gale and Primary Source Media along with new, never before published collections of historical and scholarly documents sourced from institutions worldwide. It lets users view rare primary source materials that defined history.
Archives Unbound was developed in response to users' requests for online access to essential research materials. It offers unprecedented access to highly targeted, specialized collections in a cross-searchable digital format. Archives Unbound will publish more than 25 new collections per year across a variety of disciplines, regions, subjects, and time periods.
Collections available today include:
- The Economy and War in the Third Reich, 1933-1944
- Federal Surveillance of African Americans, 1920-1984
- Witchcraft in Europe and America
- East Germany From Stalinization to the New Economic Policy, 1950-1963
- JFK's Foreign Affairs and International Crises, 1961-1963
- Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees: The West's Response to Jewish Emigration
- Global Missions and Theology
- Policing the Shanghai International Settlement, 1894-1945
- Feminism in Cuba, 1898-1958
- Overland Journeys: Travels in the West, 1800-1880
- Alexander III and the Policy of "Russification," 1883-1886
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor