|Weekly News Digest
July 7, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Gale Analytics' Interactive Dashboards Provide Data for Public Libraries
Gale created new interactive dashboards for Gale Analytics that help public libraries “analyze data more efficiently to better serve their patrons and communities.” Library staffers can use them to “better understand the lifestyles and behaviors of households in their communities to design and market customized library services and resources to fit their needs.” The dashboards include the following:
- Gale Analytics: Community Insights: Segments households in a library’s service area (patrons and non-patrons) based on interest, income, [and] presence of children and allows libraries to build custom marketing lists with a household address or email. …
- Gale Analytics: Digital Collections: Blends eBook and audiobook vendor data with segmentation and lifestyle data to provide demographic insight into who the library is serving and how to better inform collection development. …
- Gale Analytics: Physical Collections: Combines checkout data from … libraries’ ILS with segmentation and lifestyle data to assess how their community is using print resources. …
- Gale Analytics: Patron Insights: Segments patrons (at the household level) based on interest, income, technology use, presence of children and more. As change happens over time, your library can uncover the types of patrons your library attracts, as well as the types of users that need better outreach.
- Gale Analytics: Branches: Tracks cardholder activity across various branches in a single library system. This dashboard provides insight into where and how individual consumer types are engaging with the library system. …
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor