|Weekly News Digest
February 14, 2017 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
GPO Outlines Future Priorities
Davita Vance-Cooks, the director of the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), gave a presentation on the agency’s future priorities to the House of Representatives’ Committee on House Administration during the Feb. 6, 2017, Priorities of the House Officers and Legislative Branch Entities for FY 2018 and Beyond hearing. According to the press release, these priorities include the following:
- Sustaining employee engagement
- Modernizing the publishing of Congressional products
- Developing a new cost accounting system emphasizing transparency
- Strengthening our partnership with the Nation’s Federal depository libraries
- Automating GPO’s print procurement process
- Releasing govinfo from beta and retiring FDsys
- Beginning production of the next generation U.S. Passport
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor