|Weekly News Digest
April 30, 2007 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
FAST Provides End-to-End Platform for Media Companies
Fast Search & Transfer (FAST; www.fastsearch.com), a provider of search technologies and services, unveiled FASTMedia, an end-to-end business platform for media companies. Developed in partnership with more than several dozens of top media companies from diverse markets—broadcast, newspapers, publishing, and cable—FASTMedia provides media companies with a broad set of tools for leveraging content, serving their communities, and monetizing their sites to better compete in the digital marketplace. It pulls together a number of recently improved FAST product offerings into a full platform.
FASTMedia comprises a set of modules based on the foundation of the FAST ESP and FAST Adaptive Information Warehouse (AIW):
Source: Fast Search & Transfer
- FAST AdMomentum: A private-label solution for developing independent contextual advertising networks. This has been in beta for several months but is now generally available.
- FAST Multimedia Miner: Enables media companies to leverage multimedia assets in adaptive, personalized customer-facing environments. This is a new version.
- FAST Featured Content: Enables media companies to provide search-driven content merchandizing. New tools make this an easier process. This was formerly accomplished with programming.
- FAST Unity: Enables media companies to provide federated content and search-driven portal experiences. New tools make this an easier process. This was formerly accomplished with programming.
- FAST MSP: Provides media companies with mobile search and personalization.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor