|Weekly News Digest
August 6, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
Elsevier Launches New Design of Engineering Village
Elsevier announced the launch of its newly redesigned Engineering Village (EV). Enhancements to the EV user interface include the visual and structural organization of the product, which significantly improves research speed and overall usability. The new functionality and features that have been added have streamlined the site without sacrificing any of the solution’s sophistication. As a result, essential information can be found quicker and more efficiently, streamlining workflows, saving valuable research time, and boosting productivity.
The new Engineering Village features include the following:
- A cleaner, uncluttered look and feel, with a more efficient search results page that make it easier to find an article
- Facets (filters) that can be re-ordered with drag-and-drop functionality
- A search history available on the home page, directly below all search forms
- An option to display up to 50, 75, or 100 results at one time
- Enhanced interoperability with ScienceDirect and Scopus, allowing librarians and researchers to reduce search time and to access information more efficiently
Engineering Village is geared specifically toward engineers, engineering students, researchers, and affiliated information professionals to ensure each can gain desktop access to the critical information, intelligence, and research tools they need to succeed. It offers a powerful web-based discovery platform featuring a broad range of scholarly literature, trade publications, patents, hard-to-find conference proceedings, technical reports, and engineering information.
Paula J. Hane
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks editor