|Weekly News Digest
January 25, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
EOS International Offers Electronic Resource Management Module
EOS International (www.eosintl.com) announced its newly released electronic resource management (ERM) module, an enhancement to its EOS.Web product line. EOS ERM helps library professionals manage all electronic resources and web subscriptions, such as electronic journals, databases, and electronic books.
It provides a single solution to control how electronic resources are found by patrons and how the information is presented through the web OPAC. The following features are available:
- Filtered list control
- View all ERM records or display records according to status
- Force or passively allow the display of license agreements as patrons use a resource
- Retrieve records by name, title, statement, or vendor
- Edit, delete, or view the bibliographic record from the List Screen
- Edit the web subscription, edit the order, report problems with a subscription, email stakeholders, or renew a resource
- Enable or disable authorization to add, delete, and edit ERM records on a by-user basis
Professional collaboration between the knowledge manager and stakeholders is an additional feature of EOS ERM that helps to streamline the approval phase of e-resources. ERM allows specific phases to be completed before a new phase can begin, and staff members are able to solicit responses directly from other stakeholder groups. Stakeholders can manage and submit responses through EOS.Web OPAC, and the library staff receives stakeholder responses by email.
Source: EOS International
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor