|Weekly News Digest
March 31, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
Wolters Kluwer Health Supports Disaster Relief Efforts in Japan
In support of disaster relief efforts in Japan following the recent earthquake and tsunami, Ovid and Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, part of Wolters Kluwer Health, are providing free online access to emergency, disaster, trauma, and radiation contamination resources to Japanese hospitals and healthcare institutions affected by the disasters via the Wolters Kluwer Health Emergency Resources Portal. The access will be immediate and extend for 30 days.
Resources available through the portal include the following:
- Ovid MEDLINE—the comprehensive biomedical database from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- LWW Total Access journal collection—the complete full text of more than 280 journals published by LWW
- LWW Emergency Medicine ebook collection
- LWW Critical Care medicine ebook collection
- LWW Hospital ebook collection
- LWW Nursing ebook collection
- Pre-set expert searches for instant access to relevant information on OvidSP, a medical information search and discovery platform; searches cover PTSD, disease prevention related to earthquakes, radiation contamination effects and treatment, public health responses, sanitation and vaccination, and more.
Available for a limited time during the Japan earthquake crisis, access to the Wolters Kluwer Health Emergency Resources Portal is IP-validated through the country of Japan for hospitals, institutional libraries, and other healthcare entities in Japan supporting the disaster relief efforts.
If your hospital or organization is assisting with relief efforts in Japan, please contact Ovid Customer Support at email@example.com to learn more about the emergency resource access.
Source: Wolters Kluwer Health
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor