|Weekly News Digest
March 11, 2013 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Reuters Launches Practitioner Insights
Thomson Reuters announced the launch of Practitioner Insights—practitioner-focused pages on Westlaw Next that bring legal professionals the exclusive current awareness information and analysis that they need to stay up to speed and lead in their practice area. Each page is maintained by a dedicated team of attorney editors who monitor a specific practice area and curate breaking business news, exclusive insight and analysis from industry experts, as well as the most comprehensive collection of litigation materials and primary legal content to ensure that WestlawNext customers will be the first to know about actionable emerging developments that matter to them and their clients.
Practitioner Insights draws from exclusive content including:
- Westlaw Daily Briefings: Exclusive expert analysis from Westlaw attorney editors
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business Daily news summaries: Original, attorney-authored analysis that puts context around breaking legal developments, including offerings in antitrust, employment, health, and intellectual property
- CQ Roll Call Washington Briefings: Exclusive coverage of securities, banking, and energy policy developments from federal regulatory agencies and Congress
- Legal news from Reuters
- The most comprehensive collection of primary law, exclusive analytical materials, and the largest collection of litigation materials
- Featured legal filings: The relevant, recently filed legal documents that provide insights and context around the headlines
Thomson Reuters also is introducing Alerts on WestlawNext, which allows customers to manage all their alerts from one platform to help ensure they are always up to date on emerging legal developments. The new service brings together monitoring from Westlaw’s news-clipping tools, as well as tracking and alerts relating to dockets, citations, and court filings, to centrally provide breaking legal developments and information about clients, competitors, regulators, the courts, and the legal marketplace.
Customers now have more options for frequency of reporting, and alerts can be delivered via email, HTML, XML, RSS, or portal. An Alert History feature allows WestlawNext customers to view results as far back as 90 days, and users can easily create and customize newsletters for colleagues and customers.
Source: Thomson Reuters
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor