|Weekly News Digest
April 7, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Reuters Introduces the New Web of Knowledge
Thomson Reuters announced the launch of the new Web of Knowledge. This latest release of the scholarly research and citation data resource delivers better functionality and new features. Introduced more than a decade ago, Web of Knowledge has steadily evolved into an integrated and powerful search and discovery platform that delivers access to scholarly publications in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities. It also provides metrics and analytical tools for assessing research influence and impact.
The new Web of Knowledge builds upon this legacy and introduces more highly requested features for a new generation of librarians and researchers, including enhanced search capabilities for more accurate results and improved data management and analysis tools.
Key features of the new Web of Knowledge include the following:
- Full integration of ResearcherID with Web of Science
- Greater depth of citation resources with the fully integrated BIOSIS Citation Index and Chinese Science Citation Database
- New citation summary report allows users to intuitively navigate multiple resources
- Faster search and improved recall as a result of automated query expansion
- The improved Analyze tool, making sense of your entire search—whether you retrieve hundreds or thousands of results
Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge provides access to the world’s largest citation databases, including Web of Science, which covers more than 100 years of research in more than 12,000 of the highest impact journals, and more than 110,000 conference proceedings records from around the world.
Source: Thomson Reuters
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor