|Weekly News Digest
August 16, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Offers Cloud-Based E-Discovery Option
LexisNexis Legal & Professional announced the release of Hosted Concordance Evolution, which will give firms the option of moving client’s e-discovery data to a hosted environment instead of storing on its own servers. The advancement will offer greater speed, flexibility, and easier access to client information on an on-demand basis.
Key features of Hosted Concordance Evolution include the following:
- Scalable Microsoft SQL backend—keeps all data in one place; accelerates document searching; improves data integrity and supports large-scale, multiparty document review
- Updated user interface—enhances speed from document to document and improves screen performance for reviewers
- Advanced review and redaction—quickly performs native and near native review; redacts without having to TIFF or PDF documents first; uses “find & redact” to quickly and consistently apply redactions throughout; allows for quick review of applied redactions with transparent redactions
- Advanced Searching—searches images, multiple terms, tags, file types or mark-up and redactions, reducing to one step what had taken three steps
- Concept Searching—enters conceptual terms instead of exact words, which helps identify similarities and delivers comprehensive results
- Family Groupings feature—groups together related emails and attachments to show associations in a “tree view” and encourages more consistent review, coding, and annotation
- “Near-Duplicates” by Equivio—unique capability for detection of near duplicate documents, grouping of them together and assignment to a single reviewer for consistent review
Additionally, this product offers speed and the ability to view, search, and “bulk tag” electronic files without a large up-front capital investment. For example, during final testing, Hosted Concordance Evolution allowed users to view documents within less than 2 seconds, obtain search results across 50,000 documents in an average of 3.5 seconds, and apply bulk tags to 50 documents simultaneously in just 2 seconds. Concordance Evolution was built from the ground up by LexisNexis on an entirely new technology platform, leveraging Microsoft’s latest .NET software framework.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor