|Weekly News Digest
September 8, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
JISC Offers Free Cloud Computing and the Law Toolkit
JISC Legal's Cloud Computing and the Law toolkit sets out to support educational professionals in the implementation of cloud computing initiatives. Compiled by JISC’s team of ICT law experts, the toolkit contains accessible, up-to-date information about cloud computing in an FE (further education or continuing education in the U.S.) and HE (higher education) context. It will provide an overview of the key legal areas of copyright, data protection, and contract law. The five publications in the toolkit are:
- Report on Cloud Computing and the Law for UK Further and Higher Education - An Overview (Access in Word, PDF and HTML)
- User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for IT (Access in Word, PDF and HTML)
- User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for Senior Management and Policy Makers (Access in Word, PDF and HTML)
- User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for Users (Access in Word, PDF and HTML)
- User Guide: Cloud Computing Contracts, SLAs and Terms & Conditions of Use (Access in Word, PDF and HTML)
JISC Legal, a JISC Advance service, works to ensure that legal issues do not become a barrier to the adoption and use of new information and communications technologies in further education, higher education, and specialist colleges. It is funded by JISC and is hosted by the University of Strathclyde, a charitable body, registered in Scotland.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor