|Weekly News Digest
July 9, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Inmagic Announces Presto for DB/Text
Inmagic introduced a new product that will bring advanced web publishing capabilities to DB/TextWorks customers. The new product, Presto for DB/Text, is a limited version of Inmagic Presto that will enable many new web publishing capabilities for DB/Text, while allowing textbases to continue to be created and maintained in DB/TextWorks. Presto for DB/Text will work with both SQL and non-SQL versions of DB/TextWorks.
A few of the capabilities provided by Presto for DB/Text include:
- The ability to easily search across all textbases at once and display results in one view
- The ability to provide custom homepages to securely deliver different content to different audiences
- Support for SDI initiatives with email alerts and RSS feeds
- Integration of social features such as tagging, ratings, and comments
- The ability to select and act on multiple search results items including Info-Cart, Email, Print, or Save
- Advanced image handling including autothumbnail and gallery views without programming
Presto for DB/Text has been designed for customers who require advanced web publishing capabilities without the need for custom programming, which is often necessary when using WebPublisher PRO. Presto for DB/Text does not replace WebPublisher PRO, however; WebPublisher PRO will continue to be enhanced and supported. Presto for DB/Text just gives DB/Text customers an additional option for publishing information to the internet or their intranet.
Presto for DB/Text will also include additional optional features that can be purchased now or at a later time. Some of these features include:
- SharePoint integration
- Federated search (e.g., the ability to search an external database such as EBSCO while simultaneously searching a DB/Text database)
- SSO via Active Directory
- Integration capabilities via a published WCF API
- The ability to add and create native Presto databases/content types
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor