|Weekly News Digest
May 21, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
Brill and Publishing Technology Celebrate Launch of Brill Online
Publishing Technology, a provider of software and services to the publishing industry, and Dutch publisher and long-term partner Brill, announce the launch of the new aggregated scholarly portal, Brill Online Books and Journals. For the first time, all of Brill’s content from 20 subject specialties across three imprints (BRILL, Global Oriental, and Martinus Nijhoff Publishers) is integrated within a single resource. At launch, the site includes 175 journals and 2,400 ebooks, equating to more than 150,000 distinct articles and chapters.
Transitioning much of its content from Publishing Technology’s ingentaconnect solution, Brill has moved to a custom pub2web platform to consolidate content assets previously distributed across multiple resources. The publisher now commands an agile and adaptable site ensuring long-term cost efficiency and a solid and flexible base for future innovation and experimentation.
Brill Online Books and Journals now features the following:
- search and browse of content by title, type, subject, or imprint
- preservation of individual imprint catalogs and brand
- faceted search and browse functionality, facilitating greater discoverability
- usability enhancements such as the introduction of autosuggestions within search
- ability to create new categories of collections across both journals and ebooks
- promotional features for generating content recommendations to libraries
- integration with back-end enterprise systems for consolidated production workflow
Source: Publishing Technology and Brill
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor