|Weekly News Digest
February 28, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Coveo Provides Enterprise Search Solution for SharePoint Portals
Coveo Solutions, Inc. (http://www.coveo.com), a company spun off from Copernic, has developed a version of its flagship product Coveo Enterprise Search (CES) that securely indexes and retrieves content created and stored in Microsoft SharePoint Portal Technologies (SPT). The new product, called Coveo Enterprise Search for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Technologies, is set for release in early March.
Coveo said its customers requested an extended SharePoint search capability. The new product offers a number of enhancements for the SPT user:
- Query capabilities based on syntax that supports spelling suggestion, stemming, Boolean operators, multiple levels of parentheses, and quotes to provide improved relevance
- Advanced handling of metadata and XML data to provide more accurate search results
- Patent-pending intelligent summarization and concept extraction technology
- A "View as HTML" feature provides cached versions of HTML pages, Adobe PDFs, and other non-HTML documents, including highlighted query terms
- Configurable search preferences allow users to search for documents by date, title, location, size, or author
- CES desktop search integration allows users to search securely and seamlessly across their desktops, intranet, and the Web
Source: Coveo Solutions, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor