|Weekly News Digest
September 24, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Clarivate Report Showcases Trends in Indigenous Research
Clarivate rolled out a new regional landscape report, “The State of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pacific Peoples Research,” based on data from the Web of Science Core Collection. It highlights “the current trends in indigenous research across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Region. The report looks at the academics, affiliate institutions and regions that are contributing largely to indigenous research and identifies which journals publish this research. It also evaluates how the new Australian and New Zealand Fields of Research (FoR) classifications will perform in structuring indigenous research for assessment.”
Findings include the following:
- Just over 1% of research produced by authors in the region is directly related to indigenous research.
- Indigenous research has a significantly lower citation impact than global or regional baselines. …
- New Zealand has produced a larger number of research outputs in indigenous research than any individual Australian state. …
- The Universities of Auckland, Sydney and Otago have produced the largest libraries of research by volume and have received more citations for their publications than any other organizations. …
- Under the new Australian and New Zealand Fields of Research (FoR) classifications, the areas of indigenous research most frequently published are Health and Wellbeing, Society and Community and Culture Language and History.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor