|Weekly News Digest
July 13, 2021 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Clarivate Enhances the Web of Science
Clarivate launched an updated version of the Web of Science, which has new features and a redesigned user interface. The updates include the following:
- The Web of Science Author Impact Beamplots—A new visualization tool that showcases the range of a researcher’s publication and citation impact in a single data exhibit. …
- Enriched Cited References (Beta)—Selected journals now feature a new visualization tool which helps researchers navigate cited references by time, proximity, location and number of citations. …
- Funding data—Every publication linked to a funded project now features additional information such as Award Date, Total Award Amount, Primary Investigator and more. …
- Share a search query—It is now possible to copy a search query in the Web of Science, making it easier to share searches directly with other researchers and supporting collaboration.
- Export Citation Report—Streamlined data export workflow so users may export up to 1,000 records at one time, saving them time and simplifying complex data pulling.
- Article recommendations—A new feature to encourage serendipitous discovery, helping researchers uncover papers that they might not have found with their search strategy.
In addition, the Web of Science is now “designed to support a range of future developments, including personalized home pages, author alerts and article-level metrics. It works in tandem with My Research Assistant, the mobile application that enables scientific researchers to easily search, save and share Web of Science publication records using their mobile devices.”
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor