|Weekly News Digest
October 1, 2019 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Cengage Unlimited Begins Offering Financial Literacy Resources
Cengage Unlimited now features free financial literacy resources to give subscribers “more confidence in their ability to manage their money,” says Michael E. Hansen, Cengage’s CEO. “With student debt levels at $1.5 trillion and growing, it’s no wonder that students are worried about their finances. … [This is] another way for us to support students beyond their classes and help them be better prepared for the world outside their classrooms.”
The resources include the following six tutorials:
- Common Credit Terms: helpful definitions to learn the difference between terms like annual percentage rate and interest rate
- Managing Student Loans: information on different loan types
- Organizing Financial Paperwork: tips for keeping organized to stay on budget
- Saving an Emergency Fund: how many months of expenses should be considered
- Spending Less Money: obvious and not-so-obvious ways to save
- Taking Control of Your Credit Cards: information about managing cards and avoiding pitfalls
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor