|Weekly News Digest
March 17, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
COVID-19 NEWS: OverDrive's 'No Cost and Low-Cost Ebook and Audiobook Collections for Your Community'
OverDrive posted an alert for public libraries stating the following:
As mentioned last week, due to COVID-19 we have been assembling no cost and low-cost digital book collections. Our goal is to supply catalogs of high-quality titles for readers of all ages. This is the first of a series of alerts that will be issued. We will update here and at OverDrive Marketplace as additional publishers confirm permissions and pricing for low or no cost collections. …
We are also reminding our partners of some proven best practices to maximize circs and trying to keep up with patron demand during this time:
- Curate Simultaneous Use and Cost-Per-Circ content
- Create a Lucky Day collection
- Shop our Marketplace sales
- Create an Always Available collection or room
- No school? Encourage parents and kids to check out Read-Alongs
- Raise your checkout and/or hold limit
- Raise the default lending period if lower than 21 days
- Suspend card blocks
- Use social media to let your community know about Instant Digital Card
- Don’t have IDC? Talk to your Account Manager to add it
For more information, read the alert.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor