|Weekly News Digest
April 14, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
COVID-19 NEWS: CRP's 'The Psychological Fight of Our Lives'
Central Recovery Press (CRP) published an article by Jennifer Kunst with tips for staying “sane and grounded,” including the following:
- Breathe more intentionally, even for just ten minutes a day. If you need some guidance, there are free online resources that will walk you through the basics of mindfulness meditation.
- Get some fresh air.Go for a walk. Sit on the porch or the balcony. Get some sun. Smell the rain. Even if you have to be creative about it, connect somehow with Mother Nature. She will help hold you and heal you.
- Indulge in the tastes of your favorite things, at least a little and not too much.Treat yourself. Make that favorite recipe or get take-out from a special place. Maybe you don’t usually eat pizza. Now is the time for pizza.
- Take on a small project around the house.Clean a drawer, fix a piece of furniture, change a light bulb, and organize that stack on the corner of the kitchen table. The feeling of satisfaction will lift your spirits.
- And don’t forget the basics.Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face. Get a good night’s sleep, as best as you can. Eat regularly and healthfully. Drink lots of water. Take your medicine. Move around.
For more information, read the article.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor