|Weekly News Digest
March 17, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
COVID-19 NEWS: 'ASIS&T Authors Examine the Role of Information During a Global Health Crisis'
The Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) published “Global Health Crises Are Also Information Crises: A Call to Action,” which makes recommendations on these topics:
- Misinformation/disinformation particularly during global health crises
- Health literacy—including eHealth literacy
- Information behavior during lock downs
- Vulnerable populations—a case for accessible and usable solutions
- Information dissemination, sharing, and integration among multiple forms of digital data
- eHealth tools
- Predictive methods
- Digital archiving
- Ethical considerations
In addition, ASIS&T created a discussion forum on its iConnect site “where members can exchange perspectives and research” relating to the current situation.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor