|Weekly News Digest
July 13, 2021 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Baker & Taylor Rolls Out Diversity Analysis Tool for Library Collections
Baker & Taylor “will offer an analysis solution for libraries to help them discover, manage and report on diversity-related topics. Backed by collectionHQ’s powerful technology, Baker & Taylor’s Diversity Analysis will offer insight and identify opportunities by analyzing a library’s collection against industry-accepted diversity subjects.” The tool will launch in July for Baker & Taylor customers as part of their subscription to collectionHQ. Nonsubscribers can purchase it “as a one-time, obligation-free consultation.” The tool can be used for a single analysis or to manage a collection over time.
Diversity Analysis provides an avenue for the following:
- Analyzing a library’s fiction and non-fiction collections against industry-accepted diversity topics;
- Monitoring the supply of diverse content to identify gaps at a system-wide and branch level;
- Evaluating representation of diverse populations in both print and digital collections;
- Effectively communicating diversity in a library’s collection to stakeholders in its community; and
- Suggesting future development lists using a data-driven approach.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor