|Weekly News Digest
April 3, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Autonomy Augments Its Pan-Enterprise Search Platform
Autonomy Corp. plc (www.autonomy.com) announced theavailability of new advanced features for its Pan-Enterprise Search platform,IDOL (Intelligent Data Operating Layer). Pan-enterprise search transcendscompany divisions, operating systems, language barriers, and file types. Thecompany says that IDOL is "the only FRCP-compliant enterprise search platformavailable in the market, delivering a single unified and vendor-neutralplatform for searching all file formats and media-types for legal and businesspurposes." (Federal Rules of Civil Procedure)
New advanced features include the following:
- Drag-and-Drop Personalization—Users can drag contentof interest into a custom box.
- IDOL Deep Video Indexing (DVI) AdvancedFeatures—DVI tackles the challenge of asset identification and managementthrough new methods and technology.
- Geo-Cluster Maps—Provides visualization tools to represent document density per location, thus allowing the administrator to quickly assess usage patterns and make informed decisions about load balancing.
- Intent-Based Ranking—Uses algorithms to determine a user’s intent when querying. This new feature ranks results not simply based on popularity, keyword matches, or other legacy algorithms, but it automatically tailors the results to the user’s purpose and the specific query, making search more effective and efficient.
- Interlinking—By automatically identifying subareas of the document for which there are relevant links, IDOL creates a seamless delivery of related information to the user.
- Multidimensional Index & Query Throttling—By using a multidimensional index, IDOL precludes bottlenecks and unbalanced peak loads during the indexing and query process.
- Quantum Clustering—Using quantum mathematics to calculate states/concepts within data, conceptual information is more easily and accurately identified. Quantum wave functions are generated around the data, leading to global, stable results without relying on sampling.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor