|Weekly News Digest
January 31, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Aldiko Introduces Aldiko BookReader 2.0
Aldiko announced the Aldiko BookReader 2.0. The new version of the company’s eReader software for Android devices adds support for ePub and PDF formats, support for Adobe Content Server 4 DRM, support for ebooks from public libraries, a marketplace, and redesigned user interface. You can download it from the Android market or on the company website.
Highlights of Aldiko 2.0 include the following features:
- Supports ePub and PDF ebook formats, as well as Adobe DRM
- A new ebook marketplace for you to access ebooks from different booksellers at one place
- Fully customizable reading experience: font type, font size, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing, brightness, display orientation, and navigation control are all adjustable to fit your personal reading preference
- Rich features including bookmark, dictionary, full-text search, copy and paste, day/night themes, table of content, progress bar, hyphenation support, as well as sharing your favorite texts/quotes in a book
- An advanced library management system that enables you to sort books by different criteria as well as organize books by tags and collections
- A new import feature that makes it even easier for you to transfer all your ePub and PDF files to Aldiko and read them on the go.
- A “My Catalog” feature that allows you to add your own eBook catalogs
- Supporting ebooks from public libraries and enabling you to return your borrowed ebooks right within the app
Founded in 2009 in Hong Kong, Aldiko focuses on developing ebook reading software and solutions for mobile devices. Since its official launch in September 2009, the Aldiko Book Reader for Android has gained more than 2 million individual users from more than 200 countries. It’s also pre-installed in a number of Android Smartphones and tablets.
Source: Aldiko Ltd.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor