|Weekly News Digest
June 17, 2002 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Alacra Launches Alacra Model
Alacra, Inc., a builder of online tools and services to find, analyze, package, and present business and financial information, has announced the launch of Alacra Model, a Microsoft Excel Add-in that facilitates the retrieval, manipulation, and display of company, industry, and country-specific data.
Alacra Model was developed for financial and marketing analysts who need to regularly retrieve and analyze quantitative business information. Through its Excel-based user interface, it offers analysts flexibility in the customization of presentation and analytics. One unique feature is that users can access content on a transaction basis, which helps companies to better track and bill expenses.
"We developed Alacra Model in response to customer demand for an easy-to-use service that would effortlessly customize and populate an Excel spreadsheet with premium financial, industry, and economic data. We expect many customers will take advantage of the transaction-based pricing model and our ability to readily incorporate proprietary information into their models," said Steven Goldstein, Alacra CEO. "Our goal is to turn around the metaphor for buying data over the Web."
Key applications for Alacra Model are the creation of custom tear sheets, comparable company analysis, and the development of standard financial models. Its features include the following:
- A variety of premium databases that provide company financials, earnings estimates, M&A statistics, company risk statistics, economic data, and more
- A respect for ticker conventions from exchanges around the world
- The ability to populate fields in standard models, such as Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) and Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- A rapid integration of customers' proprietary, in-house data
- The inclusion of a standard public Internet connection with XML output, which simplifies integration and prevents potential firewall complications
- A 7-day customer-support line
Source: Alacra, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor