|Weekly News Digest
October 1, 2015 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Adam Matthew Plans Publication of Publishing, Printing, and Bookselling Archive
Adam Matthew will digitize and publish all of the records from the Stationers’ Co., which provide a history of printing, publishing, and bookselling through rare documents dating from 1554 to the 20th century. According to the press release, these include the following:
- Stationers’ Company Registers or Entry Books of Copies, 1554-1842; it maps the origins of copyright and includes historic entries such as Shakespeare’s First Folio
- Membership records, 1555 to the late 20th century, providing biographical information on the printing and publishing community and documents the history of bookbinding
- Court books, 1602 to the 20th century—an essential source for understanding the workings of the company and for dating texts or tracing editions
- The English Stock Records, 1603 to 1961, documenting the activities of the Stationers’ successful publishing arm that employed out-of-work printers
- Miscellaneous ephemera, including material discovered after the London bombings in the Second World War.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor