|Weekly News Digest
February 4, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ARL Shares Information on Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week 2020
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) announced that Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week 2020 will be Feb. 24–28. It “is a time to promote and discuss the opportunities presented, celebrate successful stories, and explain the doctrines” associated with fair use (U.S.) and fair dealing (Canada and other jurisdictions). ARL suggests the following ways to participate:
- Write a blog post.
- Publish an op-ed.
- Host a live panel at your campus, institution, or organization.
- Host a webcast or webinar.
- Create a video.
- Publicize fair use/dealing on social media using the hashtag #fairuseweek. (On Twitter, you can also follow and tag @fairuseweek.)
- Write to your member of Congress highlighting the importance of fair use and how you, your members, or institution/organization rely on fair use.
- Create resources or share existing resources. (See http://fairuseweek.org/resources/ for a great collection of resources developed during past Fair Use/Fair Dealing Week celebrations.)
For more information, read the news item.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor